Skip to Main Content
Searching Your EndNote Library
- Click on the group in which you wish to search. To search your entire library, click All References at the top of the left pane.
- Enter your search terms into the search box at the top of the window
- By default, you are performing a Simple Search, which looks for your terms anywhere within a citation record. Enter your terms and hit the ENTER key on your keyboard
- To specify in which fields to search, click Advanced Search to the right of the search box. Select the desired field in the drop down menu next to the search field. You can fill out up to 10 search boxes at a time. Hit the ENTER key or click Search.
- You will see a list of references that meet your search criteria.
- To exit the list of results, click on any group in the groups pane.
- Double-click on the reference you want to edit. Detailed citation information will appear in a column to the right
- Click Edit at the top of the new column
- Change the appropriate field(s).
- Click Save.